Julia holds Masters of Arts in Communication Studies, Creative Writing, and Publishing, and her years as a very hands-on and editorial literary agent have helped her develop an eye for detail as well as the skill to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a manuscript. She knows how to get your manuscript in shape without compromising your voice.
When she isn’t reading or editing, Julia is a big sports enthusiast, day dreamer, night thinker, and cake batter eater.
For ShoreIndie 2017, Julia is excited to accept...
- (Commercial) YA, NA, and Women’s Fiction
- All the sports themes
- Contemporary summer camp, sports camp, fat camp, boarding school, farm/ranch, small town, or reality/casting show settings
- Sliding door scenarios
- Stalker thrillers
- All the Romance/HEAs
- Thoughtful and sensitive “issue books” about eating disorders, OCDs, rape…
- Stories told in unusual formats (blog, diary, scrapbook…)
- Stories about modern technology and its consequences (cyber-bullying and/or viral pictures, stories, and videos…)
Follow Julia on Twitter, check out her Website, and ask her all your questions during her #ShoreIndie #AskEditor sessions on Sunday, May 28th at 3pm ET and Thursday, June 1st at 3pm ET.